Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Introduction

Writings of Richard Holt Jones

Introduction:

    I'm writing this for the benefit of my children, grandchildren, great-grand children and the rest who will come to the earth later. I know it would seem to some that I must be egotistical to think I have something to offer you - you who will follow in more "enlightened" times. However, truth doesn't change, nor does human physiology which I dare to comment on. Even in my "enlightened" time which covers sixty-one years of the twentieth century and ? years of the twenty-first century, many mistakes have been made by mankind because they have assumed many false premises to be true. I'm sure you will see this also in your own lifetime.

    By virtue of being one of your parents I feel that I have a responsibility to help in what way I can our succeeding generations. I feel it because I love you even though for some of you I haven't seen in mortality. When I explain church doctrines I don't pretend to be an authority or to speak for the church. However, I have been a baptized member of the church for sixty-two years as of this date, and I feel that I know enough about the doctrines and life sufficiently to write about them. In reading this material, you will become the judge.

    At this time of my life I realize that mowing the lawn or digging up weeds, or inventing a way to take water out of the air, are not things that will help my family the most. They need to be strong and immovable in their testimonies, and very united in their families. Therefore I have written this synopsis of the truths that have been revealed, as well as on topics that have interested me in my life time. I also have just recently bought and paid for a piece of property, to be used by the family. It is found eight miles from Soda Springs, Idaho which is ten miles from Lava Hot Springs. It is six acres facing east, on the side of a small mountain. It overlooks the whole valley. I will be landscaping it and building cabins, etc. for the next three years to get it ready for a family reunion, if you should decide to have one there. No one will be obligated to use it when it is their turn to direct a family reunion. If they would rather have one closer to where they live that's okay.


 

With love,

Your Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment